Lake Simcoe question....

Billy - Curtiss

A friend and I are thinking about heading up to Lake Simcoe for a day of fishing tomorrow. We're heading up from Toronto. I read somewhere that Cook's Bay and Roach's Point are the hot spots. I don't know this lake at all. Are these areas close to Barrie at all? We are going to need to rent a boat and aren't sure if we should be renting / launching from Barrie or elsewhere. If anyone could help me out, that would be amazing!

Sorry...I have no info on launches, but be careful out there. This lake can get very rough in high winds....if you're not familiar with it, I'd think twice before heading out. Wind is forecasted to be 15 to 20 knots (25 to 40kph). There are other Simcoe anglers here who will have a better perspective for you.

http://www.sailflow.com/windandwhere.iws?r...mp;timeoffset=0

depending on what you are fishing for they could be hot spots

and no you do not want to launch in Barrie and ride down to cooks bay, I don't know if anyone in Barrie rents, if they do there is some good fishing just out from barrie and the shoreline

but if you want cooks bay and roaches point which is the north east point of cooks bay

you should go to gilford or keswick to rent launch from

harrys at the rive on the main street of keswick( 404 north to ravenshoe west to leslie north on leslie to riveredge park) rents as does Peter in gilford, (400 north to 89 east,to the lake and then the last right then a left, I think)

and no you do not want to launch in Barrie and ride down to cooks bay

Why not . hahahaha

No rentals in Barrie.

If it,s a feed of perch yer looking for,just drive up the 400 to Barrie and fish from shore. Theres plenty of room and fish for all.

I'd be very careful renting from Harrys. Those tin cans of his have a very low freeboard, take it from me they swamp easily, and as said in a previous post Simcoe can be dangerous even Cooks Bay. There is a place on the other side of the bay from Keswick that rents boats and from the looks of them they are more sea worthy. Also Harry charges an arm and a leg for four hours, the hours are of his choosing. Just be careful out there