boat auction

HTHM

Like Brian Says...if you don't know exactly what you are looking at, nor have the technical knowledge to determine what you are getting without seeing it run..go elsewhere. If you know what you are doing and are willing to gamble then go. Consider a lot of the stuff is repo...so it may have been blown up before the bank repo'd it, wasn't winterized and has sat for a few years, etc.

Edited by irishfield

thanks for sharing this info. I've often thought of going (not to buy, just to watch what goes on). I'm far too ignorant on boat/motor mechanics to consider buying one there. May go one time just to see the rude auctioneer! Perhaps he'll let me burp into the mic...unless he's a different type of rude of course

one thing for theses auctions that are held regluarly go and watch the bidders that dont win or get GREAT deals you will see a pattern some that sell for low $$$ will be back later atleast when you are going to buy you will know who you are bidding against and even if they change house bidders (or what ever name you wnat to use) they will still be doing the same things watching for signs from the auctioneer or hanging out with the same people before the auction. I have never been to this place but have been to many more in my younger days and you do get paid to bid or just up bid so like Brian said BUYER BEWARE

• 1 year later...

Burp in the mic ????? LMAO i didnt see that one comming ...

Make sure you read the terms of the auction...if you bid a dollar ...that may translate into a buck twenty plus GST...the auctioneers have to make their two points on the dollar....

auctions are fun .....kinda like fishing for treasures ....if it is your intentions to burp in the mic...PLEASE bring a video cam with you ...lmao