Would you rent a prospector tent vs a cottage?

irishfield

With the permission of the mods I ask this simple question. If you were to consider a week or two vacation on Lake Temagami, where a 2 bdrm cottage rents from about $800 to $1000/week, would you consider renting a prospector tent like TJ has up at Camp Jiggy Jiggy (pic is his beauty get away spot).

14.jpg

First off would you rent such a structure and secondly what % of what a cottage rents for would you consider paying. Tent would have propane..stove/BBQ..fridge, a furnace possibly and lighting. On at least 7 acres of land that you'd have to yourself and a view to die for.

view.jpg

THANKS, Wayne

Edited by irishfield

Guest gbfisher

Does it come with a fully rigged boat?.. :asshat: ...lund maybe. :blink: ..ya! ya! thats it!...A lund maybe!!! :D

Id rent one....Im not sure about the wife though. ah well....Thats OK.. :worthy: . I dont mind fishing with out her.. :oops:

I would rent it for a weekend but as Terry said, any longer and I would want a cottage.

Wayne, if they arent cheap to put up....why not just build a cabin that size.

Something more structural would be up all year long worry free!

If it were a tiny cabin it would be great for snowmobiler/icefisherman.

Currently water access. If I get it I'll be jumpin thru OMB hoops for a few years to get building permits/serverances and there is the possiblity of a road across leased crown land to get to the property. I'm not banking on that one though considering there's not supposed to be any shoreline access, other than what's already there on Lake T. In the mean time they can't stop me from putting up platforms and tents. I'll of course have to install a few docks for boats...with easy access from the town site's free launch and parking. If I actually proceed I'd probably have to have some boats for rental as well.

Edited by irishfield

just make sure people are VERY clear as to what they are getting (ie photos of the exterior and interior)! Some people would think a place like this is just perfect (OFC'ers) whereas others would be mortified. People love to complain, make sure they are fully informed so that they have nothing to complain about (although we had one renter complain that there were too many mosquitoes in the evening...go figure, heart of the muskokas and somebody wasn't prepared for the evening mosquitoe onslaught)

Wayne, I camp alot and rent a cottage once a year and I have to agree with Terry. If I have a week, I want the creature comforts of a cottage, like a fridge, stove, running water, hydro etc. Especially if I a forking out coin. I rent a nice place on 12 Mile (you took pictures for me from your plane last year!) for $1000 per week. I pay $24 per day to camp at the Massasauga.

Warren