My Hike to Norvan Falls

brandon

It was a beautiful fall day here and as I mentioned in my previous post it's been raining here for the last week so I just had to get out. I decided to head to Lynn Headwaters Regional Park in North Vancouver today and make the 14km round trip hike to Norvan Falls. The distance of the hike makes it sound worse than it is because its basically level walking the entire way. The trail follows Lynn Creek for quite sometime before heading off into the bush and towards Norvan Creek. The falls at the end of the hike were nothing special. The hike to and from was much more interesting to look at than the falls so I really didn't take too many pics of them. Most of the pics are just scenery shots of Lynn Creek with some other random shots thrown in. Anyways heres the pics...

025_6_7_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

040_1_2_tonemappedresize.jpg

051_2_3_tonemappedresize.jpg

066_7_8_tonemappedresize-1.jpg

082_3_4_tonemappedresize.jpg

085_6_7_tonemappedresize.jpg

how bout some tree for that moss?

097_8_9_tonemappedresize.jpg

some old bucket hanging

121_2_3_tonemappedresize.jpg

This is a huge stump.....so big that you can't even see me standing on it......

127_8_9_tonemappedresize.jpg

the falls.......woohoo

149And2More_tonemappedresize.jpg

165_6_7_tonemappedresize.jpg

cool suspension bridge leading to grouse mountain another 7kms away

174_5_6_tonemappedresize.jpg

180_1_2_tonemappedresize.jpg

186_7_8_tonemappedresize.jpg

189And2More_tonemappedresize.jpg

192_3_4_tonemappedresize.jpg

201_2_3_tonemappedresize.jpg

Some great shots there Brandon love the one of the mossy tree great lighting. Not sure if you were joking about standing on that stump but it sure does look huge although a little tough to judge the size without something to compare it with. I remember a park near my sisters place in Surrey that had trees covered in moss like the one you photographed wish I had taken photos of them when I was there. I think it is called Green Timbers if I recall one of the public city parks I think or maybe provincial. Keep the photos coming!!

Kevin

lol yeah Kev I was joking about the tree. but there were tons of those stumps out there and some even had other trees growing from them.......just goes to show you that forests regenerate just fine after loggers go through