Kansas NASCAR race..

danc

Like the previous 4 trips to Kansas, we had a fantastic time once again this year. A darkness shortened, controversial finish won by Greg Biffle ended the festivities last Sunday. The Busch race on Saturday was a nail biting affair with Kyle Busch beating out Matt Kenseth by a car length.

I don't have time to describe all of these photos individually right now. And I didn't get too many photos of the cup race, so here's the best of what I got last weekend.

Each year we "accidentally" make a wrong turn which leads us right down the road that the haulers are lined up on. These photos were taken right out of the motorhome window.

k0710.jpg

k079.jpg

Eventually the haulers enter the track and make their way to their parking spots for the weekend. Here's Roy's favorite drivers hauler.

ko712.jpg

And mine.

k0713.jpg

This photo gives you a good idea of our setup and how we watch the race.

k077.jpg

I made it down to the infield Saturday night. Biggest party that I've ever been to. This is just a small sample of what goes on down there.

k0711.jpg

A view of the track looking into turn 1.

k074.jpg

A bunch of people were crowding around this guy a few hours before green flag. I'm not sure who he was. Probably some NASCAR official or something.

k072.jpg

k07.jpg

Driver intros. You get to see all the boys close up.

k075.jpg

The pace car leading the field to the green flag. Jimmie had to drop to the back of the pack for wrecking during happy hour and bringing out a new car. But man that guy can drive a car. He was back in the top 10 in about 40 laps.

k076.jpg

These 3 guys provided some good tight racing early on. They were fun to watch.

k079-1.jpg

Rain stopped the race for over two hours. This was the scene shortly before the downpour.

k078.jpg

I didn't take too many photos during the race. It's hard to frame them when they're going by at 190 mph. Besides, I wanted to watch the race too. So that's about my best from Kansas this year.

Great shots Dan, was thinking of you when the race was on, for a while, it looked like it was gonna get rained out. Was an interesting race, wish they would of had the green/white/checkered though. I think I recognize the guy in pic 8/9, but can't think of his name right now. LOL Great close ups.