Cypress Falls/Cypress Creek

brandon

Today I made the drive to West Vancouver to take some photos of Cypress Falls and Cypress Creek again. With it being overcast here I played with the shutterspeed to get the water nice and silky and the greens greener. If you have seen my previous reports on Cypress Falls/Cypress Creek you may recognize some of the same areas but today I shot them all from different angles and also ventured further upstream and further downstream for some different shots. 2 of the photos I had to hop a fence with "do not cross" warning signs on them but I feel the photos were worth the risk.....I'll point out which ones later in the post. One other reason I decided to venture further off the beaten path today was because I bought bear spray today at MEC. One reason for not venturing too far in the past was if I did run into a bear in a canyon with rushing water I would be absolutely screwed. Now I sure feel like quite a wuss carrying bear spray on my belt but at least when I run into a bear from now on I'll be able to get even closer for some shots knowing I have some means of action if it decides to charge.......but if theres any kids reading this......Don't approach bears ever, even if your carrying protection.....please don't use me as a role model for bear situations. Anyways Here are the photos......enjoy....

Panorama34resizewtrmrk.jpg

There is a very old car engine in the bottom right of this photo.....the rest of the car is further upstream

Panorama35resizewtrmrk.jpg

Cypress Falls from beyond the barrier......

Panorama36resizewtrmrk.jpg

014resizewtrmrk.jpg

024resizewtrmrk.jpg

I'm not sure the actual name for this moss but I know survivorman calls it Old Man's Beard

044resizewtrmrk.jpg

047resizewtrmrk.jpg

048resizewtrmrk.jpg

Another photo from beyond the barrier.....

067resizewtrmrk.jpg

Neat shots Brandon. B.C. is a beautiful province. If you get a chance, head out to Bridal falls. Huge falls and in the right circumstances, make for a great photo opportunities. I didn't get the exact shot I was looking for, but maybe next time. This picture gives you a good Idea of what to expect. Look down in the left corner, you'll see my son standing there, really gives a great perspective of just how big the falls are.

Bridalfalls.jpg

Sure do, head east along hwy 1, maybe 1.5km past the Harrison Hot Springs turn off(hwy9), staying on Hwy 1. Shannon Falls is another beautiful falls, I believe the 3rd highest in B.C. That one is up towards Whistler, just before Squamish.

Thanks Deano.......Chilliwack is about an hourish from Vancity and Bridal falls are just past that so one weekend I'll have to check it out. i'd go tomorrow but its supposed to be rainy. I googled Shannon falls and when i saw that shannon falls has a website that already turned me off of going there.......i HATE tourist attractions lol......especially for photos......I'm working on a portfolio so I can hopefully sell photos and tourist attraction ones don't sell very well because 19 000 people took that same picture already that day lol. Plus with so many people it'll be hard to jump the fence and go wandering with out getting in crap from the people there. The Eagles nest in Squamish though starting in November and I'll be heading up to take some photos of them at that time so I'll probably give Shannon Falls a try while i'm already in the neighbourhood