Great 2 days on STURGEON LAKE!!!!

fishindevil

Well on monday i headed to my buds place on sturgeon lake for some walleye fishing ,and maybe a big muskie....well the lake didnt dissapoint....we hit the lake about 5:00am mon morn,and we started at a few fav,shoals for some walleyes,well we were on fire,by 9:am we had 7 fish,they were all sizes from 12inchers to one fish my bud got at 5lbs.28 inches...very nice fish indeed....well we hit several areas of the lake and also caught lots of smallies,and a few big perch as a bonus....monday night was even better after a big fish-fry we were at it again,and caught i think...9more all between 1-2.5lbs....most fish were all caught trolling weedlines,around shoals and drop-offs....we also found a few new spots with lots of gravel & rocks and we hit a few more,and today while we were trolling our new shoal....BANG...what a thumping hit....and just what i thought a real nice battle with a muskie began....and i acually landed it with 8lb test no leader and a bottom-bouncer,with a worm harness.....so after a few quick pics...she was on her way..we got a few more fish and called it a day,we maybe seen 10 boats in 2 days it was great....so enjoy the pics,my bud ernie will post some more when he gets to post them...all in all we think we got around 20 walleyes & dozen smallies,1 musky,a few perch....the ski was 36.5inches, 12lbs.....cheers

LOTS OF PICS FISH & SCENERY & BOAT

sturgeonlakesept1107018.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107019.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107005.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107009.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107008.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107011.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107012.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107013.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107014.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107015.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107016.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107022.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107024.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107023.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107004.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107003.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107002.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107001.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107028.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107027.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107026.jpg

sturgeonlakesept1107025.jpg

You both did SO amazing for the couple of days that you were fishing! :thumbsup_anim: It works out perfectly for us, I take care of the homefront, and you do what you love and I am always happy when you have great days fishing, you well deserve it and we have great dinners because of you. :whistling::clapping: Aren't you glad that I told you to say there for the night since the fishing was great???LOL :devil::D:clapping: And Ernie, you did awesome for yourself and I hope that the fish keep biting, it will keep you busy for awhile :D Again, YOU GUYS DID AMAZING!!!!

Excellent report and some really good photos!

I got out last Sunday morning for a bit but it was so windy that I couldn't fish the area I wanted to. I did a bit of exploring but only got a few small mouth.

About noon the wind had died down a bit so I headed back out again and the fishing was better than I have seen it in years. I couldn't believe it, middle of the day, wind out of the ENE but in the first 15 minutes I had three walleye in the boat all in the 15-17 inch range.

I continued fishing for about two more hours and managed several very large perch a few small mouth, one more walleye (a little smaller than the others), and one nice large mouth.