Going to the Saulte

taper

We are heading up too the wifes uncles place for the long weekend. I have never been before, he is taking us stream fishing one day but I was just wondering if there were any other things that are a must see in the area while I am there. Thanks Mike.

Just like Yellowboat said. Behind the Station Mall.

They're catching Chinooks, Atlantics and Pickeral there right now.

Pinks will just be starting.

Anywhere in behind the mall or in front of the Holiday Inn.

I've seen sturgeon in there too.

Lots of options!

Welcome to the Soo!

The St. Mary's River is gorgeous. I enjoyed the fishing while touring on the MWT, it was one of the best stops on the trail a few yrs back. To watch a 1000 footer navigate the river is cool an the locks are impressive too. I believe it is a 2' drop from Superior to the river. Although the fall colours are not in high gear the Algoma Train ride is a nice day trip. If you happen to get on the river check the US side at the power plant, the brickwork has small lighthouses created in the work.

DCP_0005.JPG

Thanks for the help guys, I think I am staying at the Holiday inn. What type of tackle and bait are they using there and at the mall. Bob thanks I will check out the Algoma train as well. I don't know how much time I have but I will fit in what I can. Do they night fish in the spots mentioned?

If you're after pinks, an all time favorite in the St. Mary's has been Pixies in green or pink. Cleos can also be effective. Stop by Western Automotive (its not far from the Holiday Inn but its on Queen St.) and talk to Orest. He'll set you up. He always has a pretty good selection and is always up to date with the fishing reports in the area.

Have Fun!

L.

If you do any rainbow fishing, hit the rapids

Be care full tho, can be a dangerous spot, and you will need waders.

After midnight the pier on the far side of the power canal can get you some good pickerell.

Black and silver rapala is always a good bet.

Anywhere for pinks.

Nice waterfront to just wander around on too.

Even if you aren't fishing, the rapids is a nice walk.

As was said earlier, Take a drive up along Superior for an hour or 2. The scenery can't be beat