Catfish @ HUmber Bay Park.

gforce

Hi All,

Was @ HBPE at the footbridge again. Was fishing worms for cats with coopdog and ilikefish.

Caught a lot of 1 lb'ers in the past week.

This was our best night! We all caught a fish, myself 2!

Hooked into a big one and thought it was a carp.. Did not see it for a good 5 minutes and it was quite the battle.

Was using my light tackle w/20 lb P.P. with a floating jig, worm and bell shaped weight.

Finally raised it and it was a big catfish.

Did not weigh or measure, sorry.

It was probably 18-22" long and i guessed it about to be 10-15 lbs. I am 6'6", if that helps.

This thing put any carp I have caught to shame!

GO CAT FISHIN' TODAY

Check it out!

catfish1.jpg

catfish.jpg

catfish2.jpg

Guest Johnny Bass

I'm sure that was a pleasent surprise!!! Nice cat!Yes Channel cats are great scrappers. Hook one in deep water and you will have a hard time bringing it up!!!

Wow. That's a big cat. I didn't know there were any channel cats in Lake O near Toronto. First time I've seen/heard of one being caught. Normally its just lots of 1-3lb Bullhead Catfish. When I saw the pic at first I thought you had a record Bullhead - but I think I can see a forked tail so must be a channel cat I guess.

Congrats and thanks for sharing. Always nice to see new species in the GTA that I didn't know were there.

Wow. That's a big cat. I didn't know there were any channel cats in Lake O near Toronto. First time I've seen/heard of one being caught. Normally its just lots of 1-3lb Bullhead Catfish. When I saw the pic at first I thought you had a record Bullhead - but I think I can see a forked tail so must be a channel cat I guess.

I know, It doesn't look like a channel catfish to me. :P If that was a Bullhead then that would of killed the old record.

I'm guessing that not too many people try to get the Bullhead record, as I think in Ontario it is 2.37lbs and there are plenty of them at the T.O Islands bigger than that. I was with a friend last year when he caught a Bullhead that weighed over 3lbs - a record fish i guess - but back it went to fight another day without a thought to recording it. That said I don't think Bullheads can grow to the size of g-force's fish can they?

If that is a bullhead then its an unbelievable size - that's why I'm guessing it is a channel cat despite the very brown appearance. Would have been easier to identify if you could see the forked tail properly.

Great fish though whatever it is!

Amazing catch! when you mean foot bridge, do you mean that metal walk way in the area that like separated into many sections??? I was just there a few days ago and the end closest to the parking lot is covered in weeds and duck droppings so nasty there now. Before it was clean and clear what happended?

• 2 weeks later...