• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mikdor

mikdor

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 21 September 2017 - 07:02 PM

I had a pair of Bushnell 10x25 non waterproof binoculars for a minimum of 10 years. In early August I got caught in a real downpour and forgot them in my rainsuit,The next morning they were fogged up really bad. So I phoned Bushnell Canada to see if anything could be done, They said as gesture of good company service I should send them in and they would replace them at no cost. If I wanted to update to a waterproof model to let them know and they would bill Me accordingly, well I didn't let them know and today I recieved a brand new set of Bushnell 10X25s H2O waterproof Binos free of charge. Now that is customer service like I have never seen. From now on if I need optics Bushnell will be My choice. THANK YOU

#2 floater

floater

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 22 September 2017 - 05:35 AM

Yes they have a great Customer Service Department. I had a scope for over 12 years that stopped working properly. I took it in to a place near the Airport and they gave me a brand new upgraded scope for free. I didn't even have the receipt with me!

#3 Jon

Jon

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 174 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 04:22 AM

I had the strap connector break on a pair of Bushnell binos a few years after I bought them. Took them to Bushnell near Jane and the 407 and they said it couldnt be repaired. End result was a free replacement to the current model. Would I buy Bushnell again simply because of the customer service? Absolutely!

#4 BillM

BillM

Imperial Margarine.

• Members
  • 15,597 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 08:57 AM

And folks this is why people keep using the same company over and over.  Love threads like these!

#5 dave524

dave524

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 3,222 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:55 AM

I like and use Bushnell Optics but on a costly remote hunting trip I would not use Bushnell optics as I have had several failures in the field and warranties don't help much when you are miles away from a repair depot, give me a Leupold or maybe high end German optics for that trip. 

#6 Misfish

Misfish

LOONIE TOONER

• Members
  • 26,006 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:03 PM

I like and use Bushnell Optics but on a costly remote hunting trip I would not use Bushnell optics as I have had several failures in the field and warranties don't help much when you are miles away from a repair depot, give me a Leupold or maybe high end German optics for that trip. 

If one can afford the high end stuff, who is one to argue ? Hope you get the same service, if needed dave.

I bought a USED, bushnell 3-9X 40 MM scope 15 years ago.  Did I say used ?? Put on my my  Rem 30-06 Semi at that time. Knocked it a  few times,sat in down pours during moose and deer hunts. Never did I need to adjust the sightings.  All the rest of the gang had the high end scopes. I still managed to take 4 deer with that scope, without adjusting. It was still spot on new, when I handed it over to my younger brother . 2 years ago.

Edited by Misfish, 24 September 2017 - 03:05 PM.

#7 Rodbender

Rodbender

Guide

• Members
  • 922 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 03:11 PM

Love my Bushnell Bino's I just bought a new set set gave my sister my 8X42 natureviews and bought the Legend E 8X42 went in looking for the Nikon's but bought the Bushnell :D

Edited by Rodbender, 24 September 2017 - 03:12 PM.

#8 glen

glen

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 3,258 posts

Posted 24 September 2017 - 06:37 PM

I've got a bushnell bino that doesn't have any focus on it. Just set it to width of you eyes and it's clear. Great for people of different eye sight.

#9 akaShag

akaShag

Guide

• Members
  • 823 posts

Posted 25 September 2017 - 07:25 PM

I have had a number of dealings with Bushnell service over the years, and always positive.  Most recently (last month) I asked if they could find a set of scope adjustment knob caps for an OLD Bausch & Lomb scope.  Yes, indeed, and FREE!

I have also had exceptional service from Burris, including stuff that was my fault, all repaired or replaced for FREE.

The ONLY time I asked Leupold for a warranty repair it was turned down (and I know the guy at Korth!)

Doug

View My Stats