• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 B_Dan

B_Dan

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:35 PM

Just got back from a couple days at Lake Kashwakamak in the Land O Lakes area. The fishing was tough, caught a bunch a smaller bass, one eater size walleye (Tasted great), and a couple of small Pike. Last year when I was up there I caught an blue/silver pike and was told that there pretty rare...well I caught another one :clapping: I go up to lake K once or twice a year and 2 silver/blue pike in 2 trips seems like alot eh? It's a bue pike factory I tells ya! I didn't take a lot of pics but heres some...
"Got enough beer for two nights dad?"
"You're right...we should get some whiskey" :D
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Blue Pike

Posted Image

Posted Image

Last Years Blue Pike

Posted Image

Posted Image

-Ben

#2 Brian B

Brian B

JUST HAVING FUN FISHING

• Members
  • 20,377 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

The steam is a great tasting beer.Nice report and fish Ben. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

#3 B_Dan

B_Dan

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 09:16 PM

The Steamwhistle is a great beer and a great company, I converted my dad who's been drinking Heineken for years but now prefers the Steamwhistle hands down, its only got 4 ingredients! Now that I'm looking at my pics, I'm thinking I caught the same pike two years in a row...Look at the horizontal white line by its eye... Could it be? If so catch and release sure does work!

-Ben

#4 MuskyMotivated

MuskyMotivated

WFN Ambassador

• Members
  • 962 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:29 PM

Great report and nice looking Blue Pike - awesome fish!

That poor fish is probably craving a cigarette now of the second hand smoke lobby has anything to say about it ;)

and

Catch & Release works . . . period. It has been proven time and time again. I'm sure I'm repeatedly catching some of the same fish, and I know for certain that I caught the same brown 3 times this spring.

#5 Fish4Eyes

Fish4Eyes

Fishing Icon

• Members
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:37 AM

The steam is a great tasting beer.Nice report and fish Ben. :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Agreed, and you can drink as much as you can handle and still not feel bloated :thumbsup_anim:

#6 Guest_Johnny Bass_*

Guest_Johnny Bass_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

A fridge full of beer, salad and eggs? No wonder your so skinny!lol Looks like some really prime waters your fishing. Nice blue pike!

Edited by Johnny Bass, 01 August 2010 - 07:39 AM.

#7 CodeRed

CodeRed

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 128 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:07 AM

Nice catch.. Blue (SILVER) pike are rare.
We fish a small lake up renfrew area were we catch a few every time we go up .
I'm going up this following weekend and if I dont drownd my camera I will take some pics to share.
ill be leaving the salad at home. makes more room for beer...lol

#8 limeyangler

limeyangler

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 4,102 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 08:12 AM

Nice blue pike, i caught one this year locally, it was in between a regular pike and a blue....had not had time to complete the transformation....BWAHAHAHA

View My Stats
Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com