• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CaptMinnow

CaptMinnow

Minnow

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:30 PM

Want to install a sonar at bow of boat. Bought the attachment for the trolling motor but realized the cable can't be wrapped up and around the shaft because of the Grip Glide. Any ideas how to solve this problem...without buying a different TM!

Thanks for your help,
CM

#2 Roy

Roy

Imperial Angler

• Root Admin
  • 19,916 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:33 PM

Want to install a sonar at bow of boat. Bought the attachment for the trolling motor but realized the cable can't be wrapped up and around the shaft because of the Grip Glide. Any ideas how to solve this problem...without buying a different TM!

Thanks for your help,
CM

I don't quite understand your problem...can you show us a picture?

#3 Ted & the Gadget

Ted & the Gadget

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:52 PM

Run cable loose & tie wrap just below motor head. I have had mine that way for years. Not pretty but works fine.

#4 Terry

Terry

FISHING GOD

• Members
  • 15,443 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 06:58 PM

very few options

you can run it strait up to the head away form the shaft and attach it with a long spring , that will help somewhat to hold it in place but still be able to move and turn with the motor

#5 Pigeontroller

Pigeontroller

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 3,049 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 07:39 PM

I finally got sick of crapty sonar results from the UniversalSonar and strapped a Lowrance transducer on my Powerdrive. I run the cable under the quick-release mounting plate, tie strap it to the shaft right above the motor cone and deal with the loose wire, just a matter of pulling in the slack when you stow the motor...Small price to pay for proper sonar reception...

View My Stats
Skin Designed By Evanescence at IBSkin.com