So my mystery continues. After about 90 minutes of heavy trolling motor use (high winds/waves) my electronics crap out. They're hooked to the trolling motor batteries, which are new. I've been all over the electrical system at the batteries. Cleaned and tightened the terminals, etc. I checked the voltage on the batteries. One was 12.3, the other was 9!
The boat is a 17' Yamaha G3 with a 115 Yamaha. Charged is a Minn Kota.
So a few questions if you don't mind.
1. When I was reconnecting the terminals I heard a motor/pump or something start up for about 5 seconds and then shut off. Pulled the wire off again and reconnected. No noise. Left the wire off for about a minute, reconnected and heard the sound again, coming from near the front left side of the boat, when my internal fuel tank is. Could that be a transfer pump or fuel pump????
2. My electronics are connected to my trolling motor batteries, but I've heard everyone has them connected to their started battery. Is that what everyone does?
Any help would be appreciated.