• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 DanD

DanD

Fishing Icon

• Members
  • 1,445 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 04:07 PM

I'm sorry here but who gives a crap what this fish is! 

Its a fish that hasn't been in this area for a long time; let alone its size.

Seeing a predator fish back in this area, means there's more food {Bait fish} available. 

How did they get here/there; no DAMS to stop them.

Yeah I used to run my 14 footer up the river when the dam was still functioning. Lots of water all the way to the forks,. But it was still water lots of algae and if you did catch something it didn't look healthy.

Leave the river alone and work around what it wants.

Dan.

#22 Headhunter

Headhunter

Fishing God

• Members
  • 6,278 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 07:41 AM

Dan, I remember fishing Springbank Dam for Salmon in late August and September. Most years, there was a run of shad so thick, you could walk across the river on their backs. I'm assuming that that musky has followed the shad up the river and has been gorging on them all the way up.

I still think the Carp are pretty nervous!

HH

#23 J Roelofsen

J Roelofsen

Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:32 AM

Most of these Musky and Tigers being caught have definitely followed the shad upstream in the fall. Thankfully, downstream of Springbank park is no the stagnant, stinky brown, oxygen depleted River that is was. There's plenty of food, good wintering water and a fair amount of suitable suitable spawning habitat in the London area. It's great to see these fish that have been taking up residence here and I can only hope the population continues to grow and they begin to successfully reproduce in the area.

Josh

Edited by J Roelofsen, 14 September 2017 - 08:51 AM.

#24 jimmer

jimmer

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 08:49 AM

Nice to hear about areas that are rebounding.  I'm not familiar with this spot.

#25 Tom S

Tom S

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:12 AM

Yeah I used to run my 14 footer up the river when the dam was still functioning. Lots of water all the way to the forks.

Still lots of water for an inflatable pontoon. Put in at Fanshawe, pull out at Komoka. See the city by water.

#26 J Roelofsen

J Roelofsen

Minnow

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 09:30 AM

Still lots of water for an inflatable pontoon. Put in at Fanshawe, pull out at Komoka. See the city by water.

That's a helluva long day :P But I agree, there's some beautiful water to float right in the city. Clarke Rd to Adelaide is a favorite of mine. It's easy to forget your in the city on many stretches ;) Tons of wildlife from Bald Eagle's, Owls, Deer etc and the fishing can be decent too...

Josh

#27 Fisherpete

Fisherpete

Muskie whisperer

• Members
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:29 AM

Based on patterning looks like a LSC tiger. Can't say for sure without seeing tail. Rounded = tiger. Pointed = muskie.

Regardless a beauty fatso!

#28 AKRISONER

AKRISONER

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,419 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 10:49 AM

Based on patterning looks like a LSC tiger. Can't say for sure without seeing tail. Rounded = tiger. Pointed = muskie.

Regardless a beauty fatso!

verdicts out! :P

View My Stats