7 replies to this topic

#1 AKRISONER

AKRISONER

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:18 AM

UNIT PURCHASED

Edited by AKRISONER, Yesterday, 10:22 AM.

#2 AKRISONER

AKRISONER

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 18 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

bump...still no one out there with a lowrance hook or helix eh or other eh?

#3 BillM

BillM

Imperial Margarine.

• Members
  • 15,390 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:22 AM

Gotta pay to play if you want a new graph with the autochart features :)   

#4 AKRISONER

AKRISONER

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:24 AM

Gotta pay to play if you want a new graph with the autochart features :)   

just got provided with a great second hand website outta the states...might be the way to go...the bass guys down there are crazy.

honestly wish i didnt need autochart, but fishing with GB charts is hopeless. Yesterday I was fishing on a spot that apparently was 300 meters into dry land.

Edited by AKRISONER, 23 May 2017 - 08:25 AM.

#5 Terry

Terry

FISHING GOD

• Members
  • 16,893 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:50 AM

Garmin makes some good ones. And if you can find discontinued ones. The price isn't bad. And you don't have to share them to use them

#6 JohnBacon

JohnBacon

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,694 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

just got provided with a great second hand website outta the states...might be the way to go...the bass guys down there are crazy.

honestly wish i didnt need autochart, but fishing with GB charts is hopeless. Yesterday I was fishing on a spot that apparently was 300 meters into dry land.

Maybe it was before this year...  :D

#7 spincast

spincast

Downriggin Junkie

• Members
  • 3,102 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

If you can find a HDS Gen 2 on the market.  Maybe Angling Outfitters?  Although Jos is always sayin these are in high demand  and don't hang around for long, I know he had been upgrading lots of folks to the elite touch.

http://www.lowrance....uctureMap-View/

http://65.38.22.198/...GoFree-Info.pdf

#8 AKRISONER

AKRISONER

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 2,193 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:20 AM

LOL John, once i chart auto chart all of these spots in 10 years time when the lake levels lower again Im gonna have depth charts that if i share to the community will end up with folks being 50 yards into the bush lol

Thanks for the suggestions guys...Thankful to a member here on OFC who guided me to a US based board where I was able to find a Helix 7 at an incredibly low price (for canada)...the buying power of the United States even after exchange and fees is just not fair to us Canadians. This was a real eye opener once again to just how bad us Canadians are getting ripped off by the manufacturers in the fishing market. Its honestly a bit disappointing that we are being gouged this bad.

I decided that Side imaging wasnt going to be worth the extra 400 dollars it was going to cost me to get a comparable unit so I went standard chirp to save a few bucks.

Spin you are bang on with you assessment, the two most commonly sold units right now are the hummibird 8-9 Si series units and the Lowrance HDS series units as people are upgrading to the touchscreen units with Down imaging. 

and people wonder why young people aren't fishing as much...the greed in this industry is going to kill the market.

thanks again for all of the help guys, this thread can be closed.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chartpolotter, fishfinder, GPS

View My Stats