• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 Guidofisherman

Guidofisherman

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 207 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 05:57 AM

Always one of my favourite reads. Enjoyed the family trip, fishing adventures and boat pimp. By the way...the fish'n trip with your mentor is now set. Hope to make it a success for him.

#22 Fisherpete

Fisherpete

Muskie whisperer

• Members
  • 2,716 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 10:47 AM

Always love the gar reports Bunk - been on my bucket list for a while now. Great photography as always!

Love the boat pimp too - I pretty much did the same with my 16' Legend Prosport. Having floors was the key, mine had a livewell and lights as a bonus. I'm still tweaking it after 5 years! Might just have to do up a report too to show what I have done to make the "Muskie Whisperer" into my fishing machine.

Pete

Edited by Fisherpete, 11 June 2016 - 09:11 PM.

#23 Joey

Joey

Fishing Queen

• Captain
  • 11,337 posts

Posted 11 June 2016 - 08:29 PM

Once again, simply amazing report!

#24 Moosebunk

Moosebunk

All Knowing Angler

• Members
  • 4,174 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

Thanks guys, and Joey. :)

Always one of my favourite reads. Enjoyed the family trip, fishing adventures and boat pimp. By the way...the fish'n trip with your mentor is now set. Hope to make it a success for him.

Went looking for a pic of me at home here pre-digital taken the first day I ever sat in a float tube, held a fly rod and fished specks.  In the pic I'm also holding a homebrew... which is a no-no and a first tough lesson to float tubing. (nowhere to pee)  John (my friend's father) taught me 10 and 2, a little rhythm and tied a black/brown/red Mickey Finn onto the end of my line.  A remote portage lake in Zec Dumoine, I trolled awhile in the tube with that setup and hooked my first speck ever, and when the fish started to rise later on I tied up an Adams and missed hooking a couple fish that sipped it up on the surface. John's enthusiasm not only to fish but to fish speckled trout, is comparable to only a few people I have known since. From the west, You, Dan and Randy are a few of those people.  John will be happy with however the day unfolds Al, and thanks again for hosting my old friend who first allowed me the opportunity to fish specks. 

Might just have to do up a report too to show what I have done to make the "Muskie Whisperer" into my fishing machine.

You should. Those kinds of posts are always good to read no matter.  But, I betchya the Whisperer is done up just right... especially for toothies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gar, Trout, Walleye, Crappies, Boat Build

View My Stats