• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 adam lancia

adam lancia

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

I fished with a friend a while back who had an accessory switch on overnight which killed the starter battery AND we couldn't even jump it from any of the 3 TM batteries for some reason. He also runs his graphs off the starter battery and eventually those flickered out. His voltage meter was showing under ten volts for the starter and he would barely get a click from the solenoid when hooked up to one of the TM batteries. A booster pack would have been perfect.

#22 fisherman7

fisherman7

Almost a Guide

• Members
  • 254 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 12:07 PM

Well I switched it over a few days ago and so far it's been great!

#23 Garnet

Garnet

Fishing Icon

• Members
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 14 August 2017 - 06:02 AM

Not having enough from the trolling motor battery is common.

Don't turn the key 20 times it won't get better.

Check your battery connection. Make sure they are clean and tight.

Try the key.

Move to your jumper cables. Try the key ounce. Make sure you have good connection try the key 1 time.

Now the hard part your main starting battery is just to dead. Leave cables attached and wait 30 minutes and 45 would be better. This allows your good trolling motor battery to charge main.

That's 30 minutes of no key turning you do and you start over. And you have limited opportunity's so do it right.

I bought my power pack from Costco think it was $100. I don't carry my pack with because your fish finder will tell you to start the main and I've used the above procedure for 30 years. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: NF

View My Stats